Pages

Friday, April 27, 2012

Want to Feel Better? Laugh More.


I have been fighting the flu all week. Let me tell you there is nothing funny about that.  I did, however, come across a blog entry from Marlo Thomas over at The Huffington Post that made me chuckle. Isn't chuckle a funny word?

Marlo's post  in honor of "National Humor Month" was all about the healing powers of laughter.  There is nothing like a good laugh to brighten up my day. I didn't realize there were so many health benefits to laughter. Marlo points out:

For starters, a good, big laugh relieves physical tension and relaxes your muscles for up to 45 minutes. (Maybe that's why everyone feels so laid back when someone starts telling jokes at a party!) Laughter also keeps the immune system humming by decreasing stress hormones and boosting infection-fighting antibodies. It even protects the heart by keeping those blood vessels pumping.

I love having any excuse to laugh, but knowing the health benefits makes me want to laugh even more. 

This week the internet was all abuzz with President Obama "Slow Jamming" the news with Jimmy Fallon.


What made you laugh this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment