A lot of people make resolutions for the new year. They plan to make great improvements to their health, career, or spiritual lives, beginning on January 1st.
Then there are other people who refuse to make a resolution at all because they believe that nothing will change.
The first step to creating any lasting change is to begin. If a goal is really important to you, you don't need to wait until a specific day to begin it. Begin it now.
At the very least, you can prepare yourself for the changes you plan to make beginning January 1st.
Whatever your goals are, there are ways to prepare for them today.
If you are looking to make a career move:
- Create a new resume and cover letter.
- Look up jobs online for potential new positions.
- Post your resume on job boards.
- Buy a new interview suit.
- Sign up for a class to improve your marketable skills.
- Research health and nutrition information online or at the library.
- Find a plan that you believe you can stick with.
- Create meal plans for the month of January.
- Sign up for the gym before the January rush, or buy 2-3 new workout dvds.
- Write a list of all of the reasons you want to get healthy.
- Look up success stories online.
- Create a budget for the next six months.
- Open a savings account.
- Look up coupons to help you save money.
Whatever you want to do, please do not wait until January 1st to begin it. If you start taking steps now, it will give you momentum. When January 1st rolls around, you will be well on your way to accomplishing your goals!
What are your resolutions for 2015? What can you do now to get started?