Pages

Friday, February 17, 2012

It's Never Too Late to Lose Weight


We all have dreams. There are things we want to accomplish or overcome. Sometimes your goals and dreams can feel completely impossible or out of reach.  As someone who has worried that some of my goals may never be reached, this story inspired me.

At her highest weight, Hattie Montgomery weighed over 500 pounds. She had struggled with her weight from the time that she was a child. She dealt with a lot of her personal pain by overeating. At 500 pounds, ever getting to a healthy weight might seem impossible without risky surgery. Hattie, however, lost the weight on her own.  She says of her major accomplishment:

I still have more to my journey... but I can't express how lucky I feel to wake up each day and know that I am alive! Three years ago I was thinking about how my family would no longer be burdened by me once I died, and now I'm going to do an indoor triathlon in less than a month! I have an amazing support system of friends and family who have made my success possible, cheering me on every step of the way.

I don't know many people who get a second chance, and it is my wish to be able to take this wonderful opportunity to reach out and help people realize that it's never too late to make a change. Yes, it's hard. This will be a life-long journey for me, but I gave up all those foods I loved for all those years so that I could finally live.

Rich and Dani lost over 285 pounds together.  Their story also shows how it's never too late. Check out their story and let it inspire you to make your goals a reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment