Pages

Monday, January 20, 2014

Live Differently



"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left and could say, 'I used everything you gave me.'" -Erma Bombeck


This past week I've come across two things that speak of what people think about most before their life is over. Whether it is a list of regrets or things left undone, what is important in life becomes clearer just before it's over.

I was shaken by this list of things dying people say they most regret.  More than half of the things on the list are things that I often put off for "one day." There are also things on the list that I spend too much time worrying about.

Ric Elias was on Flight 1549 when it went down in the Hudson River. In this video he recounts the moment when he thought his life was over, and what he has learned from it.


“Breathe. Let go. And remind yourself that this very moment is the only one you know you have for sure. ” - Oprah Winfrey

The older I get, the more I see how fast time passes. I acknowledge that "one day" often becomes never.

There's a lot that I still want to do and accomplish in my life. I'm sure I can't be the only one who feels like there is so much more to be done. 

Whatever your goals or dreams are, you have to go after them. Today.

The time to do these things is now. Of course this is known in theory, but time doesn't wait for you to actually take action. That is up to you.

“Action expresses priorities.”-Gandhi

I've decided to do at least one thing every day that will put me closer to living my dreams and being the type of person I have always wanted to be.

What can you do to live differently NOW?

If you need a little push, here are some great quotes about life to get you going.

No comments:

Post a Comment