Pages

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Appreciating Your Accomplishments


What have you accomplished this year? How about in the past 5 years? Some  may say that they have not accomplished much. If you take a closer look, however, you may find that you have accomplished many new things.

 I find that when I accomplish something new I have a tendency to behave as if it is no big deal. I think to myself, "Oh anyone could have done that."

A good friend of mine pointed out  that I need to take a moment and enjoy my successes. I may not be where I want to be yet, but I am better than I used to be. If I do not appreciate what I have accomplished now, I won't appreciate it when I get to the future "there" either.



 I want to encourage you to take an assessment of where you are in your life. What great things have you accomplished? Did you learn something new? Did you create something? Did you help someone? Were you more courageous in a certain situation? Did you go back to school? Volunteer?

I'm positive if you look closely enough, you will find that you have accomplished a lot. Try making a list of 5 new things you did this year. You will be surprised by the results.

Share what new things you have accomplished this year in the comments section, so that we may all celebrate with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment