Pages

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Adult Learners Need Internships Too



When I first graduated from college I thought, “Ok, great I have my B.A. in English-- bring on my writing/editing jobs.”  As I researched the jobs I really wanted, I saw that I was lacking one very vital thing, experience.
All of my experience had been in the banking and business world. In spite of it having always been my dream, I didn't have any recent or tangible experience in the writing, publishing, public relations, or any other field where writers are heavily used. This could have been avoided if I would have done one simple thing… completed an internship.

Read more of my article over on Fastweb or MonsterCollege. Find out why adult learners need internships too. Also, check out the best places to find and apply for internship opportunities.

No comments:

Post a Comment