Why take out a student loan, when you can earn a scholarship?
Apply today for one of the following scholarships:
- From Failure to Promise: I have featured this scholarship on this blog before. The deadline this year is July 31, 2013.
- GraduatePrograms.com: This site offers a prize of 1,000 for anyone who is currently in graduate school, or has graduted from graduate school in the past five years. To be entered into the drawing, all you have to do is complete an application form and rate your school. It's that simple.
- AP Google Scholarship: You have to move fast on this one. The deadline for this award is February 8, 2013. This program will give 6, $20,000 scholarships to outstanding students who are persuing journalism degrees.
- Collegiate Inventors Competition: This award is all about inventions. You must be enrolled in college full-time in order to apply. Winners will receive an all-expense paid trip to present their work to a panel of experts in Washington, D.C. If math, science, or engineering is your thing, this may be the opportunity for you.
- Viral Video Scholarship Contest: High school and college students are eligible to apply for this scholarship. You must create a video public service announcement about driving under the influence of drugs and alcohol. The deadline is March 31, 2013.