Pages

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Gratitude and Blessings



Lately the self-doubt monster has been chasing me down. I have been doubting everything -- my goals, dreams, career choice, and even what I studied in college. That self-doubt led to a lot of negative thinking.
 
I started to look around and notice one bad thing after another. "Proof" that I'd made the wrong decisions, and am not smart enough, or capable enough to make my dreams a reality.
 
I began to wonder if what I desire to do in my heart really even matters.  After all, I've constantly been met with rejections and limited success. The more I began to think about what has gone wrong for me, or is wrong with me, the more negative things I noticed.
 
Then I came across the post "How to Use Gratitude to Bust-a-New Attitude" over at "For Harriet". The post discusses how a woman was having problems at work. As weeks went by her number of complaints grew. Finally her mentor told her to "try a little gratitude and throw in some blessings." After two weeks of giving thank you notes, and thinking positive thoughts about her workplace and co-workers, her situation began to change for the better.
 
This made me wonder, how many good results I am keeping away by wallowing in negative thoughts and self-doubt? I know that the more I appreciate what I already have, the more I will have to be grateful for. So instead of wallowing,  this week I'm going to work on gratitude and blessings.
 
What are you grateful for?
   

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this, Kizzy. I am grateful for my health and the health of my loved ones. That's something that very easily taken for granted. Instead of lamenting all that I'm not doing, I'm thankful that I'm even capable of flailing around the way I do sometimes while trying to meet my personal and professional goals, and that I'm not limited by a medical condition or the need to care for someone with a medical condition.

    ~Deesha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right, Deesha. Good health needs to be at the top of the gratitude list because without it we couldn't really do anything else.

      Delete