Pages

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Single Parent Scholarships

Going to college can be both rewarding and challenging. Adult or non-traditional students have additional responsibilities that the average college age student does not. When I worked to complete my bachelor's degree I had a full-time job, and a household to maintain. I did not, however, have children. An adult student who is also a single parent, may face even more stress while working to provide a home for themselves and their children. They must not only handle bills, but must also take care of their family.

While visiting Fastweb I noticed this article which details several college scholarships that were designed with single parents in mind.

If you have returned to college recently or are thinking about returning, look into these scholarships. They may be just the financial help you need.

On Fastweb be sure to complete a profile which will help the site find scholarships that you qualify for.

I know I've said this before, but there are so many scholarships that are never awarded because no one applies for them. It is so much better to get a scholarship, rather than a loan. A scholarship does not need to be repaid,where as a loan does.

Read my article, "What to Know Before You Borrow" to see why borrowing should be done wisely and sparingly.

No comments:

Post a Comment