Pages

Friday, May 20, 2011

Impossible Things

“It always seems impossible until it’s done.” -Nelson Mandela
When trying to reach a goal or to dig up a dream that was long ago hidden , success may seem almost impossible.
 I have some days where I feel like I can do anything! I know that all of my dreams are just a few short steps away, and nothing can keep me from them. Then there are other days when I feel like achieving even a short term goal is absolutely impossible. I wonder what I was thinking when I even decided to dream of something so outlandish in the first place.
When I go to those low places, I try to think of other things that at first seemed impossible, but people have accomplished in order to encourage myself. Here are just a few:
President  Barack Obama- First African-American President.
Neil Armstrong- First person to set foot on the Moon.

Amelia Earhart- First woman to fly solo across the Atlantic Ocean and set many aviation records.
Helen Keller- The first deaf-blind person to earn a bachelor’s degree.
George Dawson- At age 98 learned to read, at 101 years old he co-authored his autobiography.


What are some other seemingly impossible things that people have accomplished?  Who has helped you to believe that anything is possible?

No comments:

Post a Comment