Pages

Monday, March 25, 2013

Nothing Changes if Nothing Changes

I came across this article about a woman who lost 180 pounds, but was still unhappy. As someone who has been working, and more often than not struggling, to get healthy I found this article helpful.

Whether you want to lose weight, start a business, buy a new home, graduate from college, etc. you can not base your happiness on the end  result.  What happens if you buy that new home, or get that degree, or new business and you are still not happy?

Happiness, according to this article, must come from within even while you are on the journey.
I have been guilty of thinking I will be happier once this or that happens.

I've learned, however, that I really do need to enjoy the journey. There will always be something to overcome. The change in my happiness level needs to come from within, rather than without.

What thing or event are you basing your happiness on? Check out this article and find out why being happy in the present is so important.

No comments:

Post a Comment