Pages

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Why Not?



We often have a lot of reasons for not doing the very things we desire to do. It's too hard, most people who try to do the same thing fail, you're not capable, or smart enough. If you look for them there are a million reasons not to pursue a goal or dream-- At some point you really do have to just decide..."Why not?"

Rieva Lesonsky decided "Why Not?" and at the age of 50 started her own business . After 25 years of working for Entrepreneur  magazine and reading about the successes of other start-ups she finally took the leap and decided to start her own business. Now four years later she is the owner of GrowBizMedia.

It wasn't easy but it was worth it. Lesonsky writes:
I won't lie and tell you owning a business is oh-so-easy. I have never worked this hard in my life. Or slept so little. There were moments (more like months) where I questioned my decision several times a day -- and my sanity even more often. There were times I didn’t think we'd make it. I can recount almost every high (meeting new people who've become friends, partners, clients and mentors; winning a new contract), and low (clients who go out of business; learning the cost of health care; finding out people you thought were your friends really weren't). But I don't regret taking the leap. Do I wish I'd divorced my job earlier? Absolutely. But apparently "50 is the new 30"

A lot of time is often wasted worrying about all of the reasons why you are sure to fail. Imagine what could happen if you say "Why Not?", and go after your dreams no matter what.  

No comments:

Post a Comment